Capital Drive II 2009-12
The second capital drive constructed a $1,000,000+ Atrium joining the new 2011 Pettisville School with the 1994 PSF addition to the original school.
Atrium highlights include:
A replication of the 1929 school entrance.
The “PETTISVILLE SCHOOL” masthead and “1929” are originals from the 1929 building. This masthead is replicated throughout the new building.
Solid walnut is from the tree that stood in the playground at the end of the basketball court.
The rosettes on the walkway are from the front of the 1929 building.
A Walkway joins the second floor with the north wing study hall/computer labs.
The Atrium has a college student union look. The furniture was funded by the Meister Fund.
The Atrium features three video screens.
All class pictures are displayed in “The Gallery,” the hall east of the JH gym.
Atrium is 2,055 Square Feet - West Vestibule is 83 Square Feet - Second Floor Walkway is 704 Square Feet
Heritage Park :
Heritage Park is west of the Atrium.
The chandelier and sconces were created by blacksmith Mike Bendele.
The chandelier features lighting globes from the 1929 building.
Pedestals at the entrance display the names of the 272 donors to the Atrium.
A clock is mounted on the south base and the school bell, which was displayed in the front lawn for many years, is mounted on the other base.
One bench in Heritage Park was purchased by 2010-11 fourth graders in memory of classmate Abigail Yoder.